SOFT BALLISTIC PROTECTION – SPECIAL PRODUCTS - THOR®
To view technical details...... REGISTER
THOR® is a new product/system for the production of vests for ballistic protection level II and IIIA - NIJ 0101.04 and NIJ 0101.06.
THOR® uses an innovative new technology, developed and patent by Pro-Systems pending, ensuring the maximum energization of the already strong resistance of aramid yarns, offering higher security features with lower costs.
The THOR® products available at this stage are :
- THOR® 1 : weight 170 g/m2
- THOR® 2 : weight 230 g/m2
- THOR® 3 : weight 270 g/m2
- THOR® 45: weight 490 g/m2
- THOR® 63:weight 630 g/m2
The main characteristics of THOR® :
- WATER AND OIL RESISTANT
Excellent behaviour to ballistic tests after immersion of the package in water, WITHOUT protective carrier.
- BALLISTIC PROTECTION
Effective and improved protection for the major bullets LEVEL IIIA (9 mm and 44 Magnum) according to NIJ standard 0101.04 and the new NIJ 0101.06, with excellent results even for angled shots.
Ballistic solutions developed with THOR® also offer a good resistance to fragment Stanag 17 grains and together with the product PARAX®, always by Pro-Systems, reach excellent levels of protection to knife and spike .
- TRAUMA REDUCTION
Significant improvement in the depth of trauma reduction (blunt trauma) compared to the use of conventional ballistic and unidirectional fabrics.
- WEIGHT REDUCTION
Significant reduction in the weight of the ballistic solutions.
THOR® products family has an excellent flexibility which guarantees a very good comfort of the final ballistic package.
- REDUCTION OF VESTS' PRODUCTION COSTS
Using THOR® allows ballistic vests manufacturers significant packaging cost savings through:
• No need of stitching
• High Speed cut
• Waste Reduction
• THOR® availability in rolls from 100 to 300 lin. meters with standard width of 160 cm.
- The THOR® family represents an excellent ratio QUALITY/PERFORMANCE/PRICE and is an important innovation thanks to the reduced costs and to the very good protection and confort level.